Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Resurrection!

It occurs to me that it's been well over a year since my last post on this blog. What a year it's been! I consider it a pity and even a matter of shame that I haven't chronicled the last year's journeys in this blog. God knows there's plenty of material to draw from, in my notebooks and my memory. But my inner Luddite has taken a fistful of my insides of late, and as a result my electronic recordkeeping has suffered a hiatus.

But a hiatus only! I'm leaving in 6 days for a long bicycle trip in Europe and I do intend on making frequent "dispatches from the road." And pictures, there will be many pictures. In truth, I feel more compelled to write lengthy diatribes lately than I have in some time, and I really look forward to more literary productivity. I'm tired of writing only for myself. Now you, the innocent reader, must suffer my awakening. I also promise that I will post photos and words from my bike trip in Hawaii, my trip to Alaska, musings from a migrant farm worker, etc.

Please do visit, from time to time, and let me know you're reading. I can say with a humble heart that it will be worth your time, I promise. I'm a maniac of imaginings right now and I can only assume that I'll have even more to say when I'm actually upon The Continent and not in a living room in Grapevine, Texas. It's gonna be nuts.

<3 Love

No comments: